Interested in joining our savvy crew of branders, marketers, designers, and communicators? Take a look at the opportunities we have available below. If you don’t quite fit the mold of what we’ve articulated as being our current needs below, that’s cool, too. We’re always on the lookout for talented people who are passionate about doing great work. Drop us a line and let’s chat.
Project Manager. Overall Badass.
Are you proactive? Always one-step ahead? Relish in the give and take that comes with not only building relationships – but nurturing them? Are you comfortable collaborating directly with designers, developers, strategists, thinkers, and doers? Are you the kind of person that simply gets things done? There may be a place for you here at Proof.
We are currently looking for an outstanding, talented, passionate individual who’s excited about doing meaningful work with our creative team. The Project Manager/Traffic Coordinator/Relationship Magician/Overall Badass will be responsible for client leadership and direction, working closely with our clients, and representing our work effectively and efficiently.
You have experience and are confident in the following areas:
- Project management
- Developing and maintaining timelines, milestones, and benchmarks
- Managing overall workflow
- Copywriting/copy-editing/content organization
- Monitoring and assessing projects for scope creep
- Communicating directly with clients on expectations and project status
We need a confident, go-getter, type-A personality that is open to guidance and direction, but doesn’t need hand-holding and can take ownership of their role in making things happen effectively, on-time, and within-scope. It’s helpful if you have creative agency/branding experience, and it’s essential that you’re driven to do great work.
In short, you’re responsible for making clients ridiculously happy and the lives easier of everyone on the Proof team. Don’t let the size of our company fool you, we’re juggling a significant amount of work at any given time, and we need someone who will bring their A-game daily to ensure we’re well-equipped and prepared to do our best work.
Daily tasks will include:
- Managing day-to-day operations for all current and ongoing projects
- Reviewing and discussing projects internally before passing to client
- Communicating expectations (budget, scope, timeline) clearly to clients
- Managing overall client calendar and staying on top of project statuses
- Effectively enforcing and reinforcing our process and project standards
- Keep work flowing past potential bottlenecks and timeline hangups
- Identifying and articulating key deadlines for each step throughout client projects
- Actively engaging in content-mapping, and content-editing for clients
- Writing regularly for the Proof blog and helping us continue to look ridiculously smart
- Assisting in managing social media accounts to ensure we’re active and engaged on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Openly giving suggestions and feedback on overall creative process and creative work (collaborate directly with designers/developers)
- Proactively bringing ideas and recommendations to the table on how overall process and workflow can be effectively managed and improved
This role comes with a lot of flexibility – the ability to work remote often, flexible hours, and an incredibly diverse range of clients – which sounds sexy (and is) but also means that this isn’t your traditional agency job. If you’re the kind of person who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit – if you’re willing to take on additional responsibility as needed – and if you’re incredibly self-motivated, this may be the perfect job for you.
Candidate for this position must live in/around Nashville, TN. Compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. An unlimited supply of Fruit Roll-Ups, as always, are provided.
Think you’re a good fit? Want to set up a time to chat? Please send an email with your resume and your thoughts/ideas/questions to Matt Cheuvront (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Relationship Builder + Biz Dev Director
You’re someone who’s excited, confident, and savvy with their abilities to create strong, purposeful business development opportunities. This role is equal parts with great folks, building relationships, discovering opportunities, shaking hands, grabbing coffees, blogging, tweeting, selling, and acting as the overall face and voice for our band of merry branders both locally and nation-wide. The Director of Business Development will actively interact with potential clients, offering education to our overall branding process, what branding is, why it’s important, and how it contributes to long-term success.
- You must be confident and comfortable with the opportunities (and challenges) of business development. We get it, “sales” is a dirty word. We rarely say it – and you might not love it either. But you need to be excited about the opportunity of forging new relationships and bringing in new opportunities.
- You enjoy a day to day that’ll include attending networking and community events, having coffee with potential clients, being an active voice of the company online both through our blog and via social media, and most importantly, bringing ideas to the table – and developing those ideas into tangible, actionable, measurable plans.
- You’re passionate about working with a diverse range of clients, from nonprofits to craft breweries to tech startups to life coaches – and can actively adapt to understand and serve clients from a variety of backgrounds.
- You’re entrepreneurial at heart – and are excited about the opportunity to define your role, discover strengths, seize opportunities, and do big things.
- You value a diverse, dynamic, flexible work day and are comfortable working both within an office setting and remotely/independently. Also, you appreciate design that doesn’t suck.
Requirements + Expectations:
The effectiveness of the Director of Business Development will be measured in opportunities discovered, relationships developed, and most importantly, clients signed on. Within the first 12 months it is expected that this individual will contribute the following.
- Set up and attend 10-15 coffee, lunch, happy hour, and/or professional networking meetings each week.
- Regularly draft proposals to be presented to clients.
- Actively research strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of target clients, positioning Proof to effectively pitch branding services.
- Develop an active and engaged follow-up protocol to ensure relationships are maintained and nurtured following initial conversations.
- Proactively bring new business development ideas to our team for consideration.
- Establish an effective business-development process that can be measured effectively day-to-day.
- Identify and develop targeted niche focused marketing-plans where applicable.
- Sign on $500k in client work within the first 12 months of employment.
The Finer Details:
Candidate for this position should be in/around the Nashville, TN area (or be willing to relocate) and will be required to be present for meetings with clients and other team members.
Compensation/salary structure for this position to be discussed. As always, an unlimited supply of Fruit Roll-Ups shall be provided.
If you’re the right fit, please send an email with your resume, portfolio, and other info to Matt Cheuvront (email@example.com).
Web Design Aficionado / UX Expert / Front-End Developer
You’ll be responsible for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive websites that are a true reflection of the overall brand. The right person will be passionate, collaborative, creative, and in-touch with current design trends. The role will require the ability to design and develop dynamic, functional, responsive, and engaging websites, email newsletters, and other media for clients ranging from entrepreneurs to nonprofits to mid-size corporations.
As a boutique creative shop, each team member plays an integral part to our overall success. We have a lot of fun (sometimes maybe too much) but above all, we’re committed to offering the very best to our clients. You’ll have a big hand in being responsible for the overall conceptualization and implementation of interactive design solutions to meet client needs
- Distill clients’ needs from initial consultation and clearly communicate possibilities with layout and user experience.
- Design websites that are effective, responsive, beautiful, and clearly/visually articulate the client’s primary calls-to-action and core messaging.
- Work in-conjunction with Proof’s web development team and assist them in the development process, providing development guidance, assistance, and additional design assets, ongoing and as-needed.
- Develop functional interfaces displaying an understanding of client goals and calls to action
- Communicate clearly with team members and, when necessary, directly with clients
- Maintain a working knowledge of best web and email design/development practices
- Be comfortable with responsive web/mobile design/development
- Collaborate closely with all members of our team
- Not be afraid to speak up and offer suggestions/recommendations based on client needs
- Understand the balance between business requirements and design/development capabilities
- Be comfortable with multi-tasking and working under pressure with quick turnarounds on time-sensitive tasks
- Ninja with Adobe’s Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Self-driven, with the ability to work as an integral part of a team, without direct supervision (we don’t micromanage)
- (Very) Savvy developing/working within the WordPress content management system
- Comfortable working remotely and collaboratively in an office environment
- Passion for continued growth and learning in the fields of design, development, and branding
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to take on additional responsibility as needed
- Write standards-compliant HTML/XHTML and CSS
Think you’re a good fit? Send an email with your resume, portfolio, and any other information to Matt Cheuvront (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Want an internship where you file papers and answer phones? We don’t have a filing cabinet and honestly, who has a landline nowadays? We believe that internships should be valuable, and that means involving you in everything we do. We’re currently on the lookout for a savvy pusher of pixels who’s comfortable and excited about designing awesome stuff for our clients – including logos, websites, and sophisticated print pieces. If you want to get some amazing experience with outstanding clients and work with some pretty cool folks, send an email with your info, resume, and portfolio samples to Matt Cheuvront (email@example.com) and let’s set up a time to grab coffee. (Must live in/around Nashville, TN)